Eight people were injured in a New Jersey car crash involving a school bus and six other vehicles. According to a CBS news report, the bus accident occurred on the Black Horse Pier near Chews Landing Road in Glendora. The bus was carrying senior citizens who were traveling to a senior center. Of the eight injured victims, one was listed in critical condition and two were listed as stable. No one has been cited for the collision, but the crash remains under investigation.
Victims of New Jersey car accidents often struggle to get fair compensation for their medical bills and lost wages. This is especially true in cases involving multiple vehicles. It is common in these types of accidents for drivers to have conflicting stories of how the accident occurred and for insurance companies to offer inadequate settlements to make the case go away quickly. If you have been involved in a multi-vehicle accident, it is important that you take the steps necessary to protect your rights.
If you have been injured in a collision, it would be in your best interest to:
- Notify the authorities and remain at the crash site until help arrives.
- Take photos of the vehicles involved and the injuries you have suffered.
- Collect contact information from every driver and witness of the crash.
- Write down the license plate number of every vehicle involved and the insurance companies of each driver.
- Take extensive notes as soon as you can regarding what you were doing at the time of the crash and everything you remember about the collision.
- Request medical attention from emergency responders and get your name in the police report.
- Seek treatment from a doctor or hospital right away.
- Keep a day-to-day journal of your struggles since suffering your injuries.
- Discuss your case with a skilled New Jersey car accident attorney before talking with an insurance adjuster.
At Lependorf & Silverstein, we help victims of car accidents get fair and full compensation for their losses. If you have been involved in a New Jersey car or bus accident, please call our offices at (609) 240-0040 for a free consultation and case evaluation.